Image HTML map generator

December 30, 2015

Shonazee's Top 5 reads of 2015

2015 was the year I read all the mainstream novels. All the popular ones that I kept putting off for no reason.
This year I made time for all of these books and here are the one's that I absolutely LOVED in no particular order because I cannot rank them. I tried, okay? Really tried, but couldn't.
Make sure you read these if you haven't because these are definitely worth the hype and high expectations.

The Hunger Games Trilogy:



Genre: YA Dystopia
Add To Goodreads

I'm pretty sure that all the mortals have already read this series and I was prolly the last one to embark on this crazy, badass journey. But if you haven't, then please, please read this series. I mean, this series right here is going to be a YA Dystopian classic someday, you'll see.
There's suspense and thrill and hold-your-breath-moments and awwws (Peeta) and ouchs and basically, it's everything you'd want in a page turner.

Simon vs The Homo sapiens Agenda By Becky Albertalli:




Some books give you warm smiles and tight hugs.  This is one of those. You'll melt into a puddle, you'll be filled with this fuzzy feeling called love. Although it's a light read, I did have a hangover after finishing it. Good stuff. Stuff that made me blush when I recalled a few scenes or dialogues and people around me thought I was either in love o going cray-cray.
So please please do yourself a favour and read this book.
I'm sure you'll love it, if you do however get around to reading it, you can drop me a message, we'll fangirl and swoon over Simon and Blue.

Add To Goodreads.

The Lunar Chronicles By Marissa Meyer:


Book One of The Lunar Chronicles, Cinder
Genre: Sci-fi, Fairytale retelling
Add To Goodreads


Scifi? Check
Badass female characters? Check
Fairytale? Check
Hot HOT potential book boyfriends? Check
Action and sass? Check
These are the first fairytale retellings that I've read and they are SO GOOOOD!
A little predictable, because retelling, but apart from that, this series keeps getting better and better with each sequel.

Between Shades Of Gray By Ruta Sepetys:




I read this book as a part of the Fictional Fortress's read-along. This historic fiction shows us the ugly and courageous side of humans. This book is full of suffering, pain and truth.
It's sad, yes. But a must read nevertheless.
Cause some voices have been clamped shut and this book brings them out in the loudest of pitches. For the people of Lithuania, for the people who have suffered injustice because of egotistical bastards in power, read this book. Read it.
You can read our review of this book here.

Add To Goodreads.

Fangirl by Painbow Rowell:



Genre: YA FictionAdd To Goodreads

This is a cozy read. When you're sad or depressed, this book will wrap the arms of familiarity around you.

Those were my top 5.
If you're interested in taking a peek at all the other books I read this year, visit my Goodreads.

What about you? Which books moved you / made you laugh / changed you this year?
Tell us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...